Academic guidance and its role in the development of university education
The siege and wars that Iraq has experienced are an economic, psychological and social pressure that leads to the emergence of many suffering on all segments of society and makes them in a crisis that need psychological counseling services by providing assistance to individuals who are exposed to such cases, including students. In the educational system to adapt their means and tools to suit any changes or new developments in order to activate the educational process in general and guidance, especially in order to achieve the objectives of the educational and educational institutions and guidance using the latest technologies help guides in cooperation With the changes and events emerging and help students to grow their personalities in all aspects, especially for university students, where they needed the services of academic guidance by activating the role of guidance and awareness of academic guides to contain the students of Iraqi universities, and in light of this is determined by the current research problem in answering the question What is the role of academic guidance in the development of university education?
The importance of this research is highlighted in its ability to identify the concept of academic guidance and its significance and the importance of the academic guide. The reasons for the importance of research can be summarized as follows:
– The importance of psychological counseling in general and academic guidance in particular because of its close relationship to the success of students in their academic and social life, and in building a society that requires addressing this imbalance and searching for its causes and sources and working to remedy it.
– The importance of studying the university students as the future leaders and those responsible for development and development in society.
– The contribution of the Arab and Iraqi library to such a study and fills a shortage in the Arab and Iraqi library.
The current research aims to identify the role of academic guidance in the development of university education.
The current research is limited to identifying the role of academic guidance from the point of view of Mustansiriya University students for the morning and evening studies of the faculties (Arts, Education, Science, Administration and Economics, Law, Engineering) and for the academic year (2016 – 2017).
The researcher relied on descriptive analytical methodology and monitoring and previous studies that examined the subject of academic guidance and its role in the development of university education.
The researcher built the current research tool and is the measure of its role Academic guidance in the development of university education: It was built in light of the open questionnaire and previous studies and social learning theory of Albert Bandura, consisting of (16) Questionnaire and its application to (300) students from Mustansiriya University.
The role of academic guidance in the development of university education is characterized by the characteristics of discrimination, honesty and stability.
The researcher used the statistical bag (SPSS) to analyze the data.
The researcher reached the conclusion: The level of academic guidance in the development of university education from the point of view of university students is acceptable to equal the average sample with the average satisfactory society. As for any paragraph that is more severe than others, paragraph (14) “periodic follow-up of the level of scientific students within the university and work (52, 68). The lowest score for paragraph 11 was “Contributing to the diversity of university education methods”, with their weighted weight and percentage weight respectively (90, 1), (44, 63). Based on the results, the researcher reached some conclusions Recommendations and proposals:
– The need to benefit from the scale of the role of academic guidance in the development of university education, prepared by the researcher in the disclosure of the impact of these roles on the behavior and future of university students.
– The need to urge researchers and scholars to conduct further research and studies of the concept of academic guidance in the development of university education through attention to the dialogue played by the academic guidance in the personality and future of the university student and work to strengthen them.
– Conducting a research to identify the academic guidance in the development of university education among university students and their relationship with educational and psychological variables.
– Conducting a research to identify the effectiveness of the use of academic guidance techniques and techniques in the development of university education such as the use of cognitive methods.18-12