The aim of this research was to identify the challenges of the future in the mental perception of young people. In view of the nature of the research, the descriptive approach was used. To achieve the objectives of the research, a questionnaire was constructed consisting of 37 paragraphs divided into four areas (political, religious, economic, The sincerity of the search tool has been verified and proven.
The research tool was applied to (206) students in the Department of Arabic Language at the Faculty of Arts, Dhi Qar University, randomly selected. To answer the research questions, the arithmetic mean and standard deviation were used to answer the first question and use the T test to answer the second question. The results indicated the following:
– The challenges of the future in the mental perception of young people to a large extent and in all areas (political, religious, economic, self).
– The challenges of the future in the mental perception of young people according to the gender variable and for the benefit of females with an average of (2.79), while the male arithmetic mean (2.75). The value of (T) (2.96) and the statistical significance of (0.04), which is a statistical function value.
- Develop scientific and practical strategies and plans in support of youth and their employment, and encourage them to enter the labor market to develop the private sector and not rely on the job.
- Working to support the private sector by providing funds in an investment manner.
- The need to develop plans for the implementation of projects for young people and reduce the challenges they face and cooperation in bringing them into existence and coordinate efforts at the national and Arab levels.
The study recommended the following:
- Encouraging young people to invest opportunities in exploiting their abilities and potentials and benefiting from them in the development of society.
- Youth’s sense of responsibility contributes to social change.
- Educating young people about political challenges and constructive dialogue that achieve social change.
- Adopting a positive attitude that serves young people, such as respect for principles and ethics, to develop the national cultural identity
- Address the media and cultural disinformation of brain migration and intellectual invasion.
- To find solutions to the elements of cultural weakness through the failure to read and read newspapers and books, and participate in cultural activities.